Our Knowledge Center is recruiting for two Program Specialists – one which will be focused on specialty credit programs and the other which will be focused on general educational programs.
Location: While preference giving to central locations for ease of serving customer base, any location within our footprint will be considered
The Program Specialist for specialty lending and educational programs associated with the Knowledge Center serves as a mentor to current and prospective customers who are completing the requirements of an established association-lending program for “unique
market” customers. Supports the process to select qualified customers, meets with customers to support their understanding and completion of curriculum, and provides input into determination of successful completion.
The Program Specialist for general educational programs team focuses on program & curriculum development, administering of existing programs and promotion of the Knowledge Center mission and vision through various outlets amongst the agricultural community.
Develops new programs based on customer and potential needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Agriculture and Applied Economics, Business or compatible experience
- Exceptional customer relationship abilities with effective communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with demonstrated ability to learn new technology
- Expertise in region’s economic and agriculture environment
- Enjoys providing creative ideas while working within an innovative team
- Skills in helping to design curriculum and training programs.
- Ability to work independently.
- Willingness to travel
Preferred Qualifications for Program Specialist – Specialty Lending
- Good knowledge of lending, understanding of commercial agriculture lending ideal
- Experience in successfully mentoring others
- Commitment to developing skills in non-traditional producers
- Solid knowledge of business plan development
Farm Credit of Virginias is an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at MMartinez@FCVirginias.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.