Our commercial loan officers are committed to building strong and long-lasting relationships with our commercial agriculture customers who have a need for high quality & creative credit solutions. They actively pursue building relationships with new/potential
customers & engage the commercial agriculture community in business solutions. They recommend credit solutions, structuring complex solutions with sound credit administration while meeting the Association's income needs.
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Agriculture (or related) or equivalent work experience
- 1 - 3 years lending or farm related business experience with ability to assess & effectively match lending products to credit needs
- Understanding of the drivers of agriculture production, farm cash flow, capital requirements, debt structure & repayment ability
- Demonstrated strong customer relationship skills with effective communication skills
- Current awareness of region’s economic &/or agriculture environment
- Strong ability to form effective internal working relationships & ability to work in a high performing team environment
- Ability to make sound business decisions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with demonstrated ability to learn new technology
- Comfortable being effective in a mobile/virtual work environment
- 3-5 years lending or comparable experience with ability to assess & effectively match lending products to credit needs
- Exceptional sales ability with track record of achieving/exceeding sales goals & demonstrated ability to proactively attain customer engagement
- Ability to effectively manage long-term & complex customer relationships
- A thorough understanding of region’s credit opportunities & strong network & ties to local business community
- In depth knowledge of production agriculture operations
Farm Credit of Virginias is an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at MMartinez@FCVirginias.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.