Responsible for the association's accounting, operations, and financial reporting (both internal and external). Prepares budget, financial projection, operations portion of business plan, both loan systems, and assists with GAAP worksheet. Assures effectiveness
of internal controls.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or Finance.CPA preferred.Master’s degree a plus.
- Strong accounting background with 10 years accounting/operations experience and 5 years supervisory experience.
- Strong ability to analyze and scrutinize financial management reports to keep the organization cost-efficient, competitive, and within the approved budget and business plan.Uses good judgment and decision-making abilities.Ability to lead the preparation,
planning, and administration of annual budget and internal controls.
- Sound knowledge of computer and spreadsheet applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish priorities, take initiative, work under time pressures, and exercise independent judgment.
- Proven administrative and leadership skills.
- Independently travel overnight to attend and arrange training sessions and events.
Farm Credit of Virginias is an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at MMartinez@FCVirginias.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.